CVO Antwerpen is an Adult Education Center with several campuses in and around the City of Antwerp in the Flemish region of Belgium. CVO Antwerpen is one of the largest centers for adult education certified and funded by the Flemish Government.
It organizes more than 950 modular daytime and evening courses per year. These courses are clustered around:
- courses for immigrants (Dutch as a second language, ICT, other languages);
- formal Vocational Education and Training at the level of secondary education (Second Chance to Learn, potentially leading to a diploma of secondary education in the domains of general administration, welding and multimedia graphics);
- higher professional education (accounting, architectural draftsman, ICT);
- a range of language courses (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish);
- entrepreneurial training courses, maritime training, welding, courses in application software and cooking.
CVO Antwerpen offers an increasing percentage of its courses as blended learning. the center is, was and remains a leading player in the introduction of different types of distance learning using e-learning platforms, developing interactive content (learning objects), multimedia and video recording, social software, automated evaluation, mobile learning … The centre employs a team of ICT-staff and course designers to support the implementation of its distance education.
The main campuses offer an open learning center, providing facilities for intake and advisory, self-paced study, counseling, individual tutoring and study groups.
CVO Antwerpen also subcontracts for external partners (e.g. the regional employment agency, secondary schools) and is providing formal education to inmates in the Antwerp penitentiary.
CVO Antwerpen has identified immigrants, prospective entrepreneurs and older learners as priority target groups for its vocational education and training.
Ms Hannelore Audenaert